In Frontline game mode Landing Zones have three levels of control:
- captured with infantry only,
- reinforced with armored convoy,
- completely captured with infantry and reinforced with vehicles.
- from a completely captured LZ once a Landing Zone connected to it is captured by allies
- automatically to neutral/enemy Landing Zone when it’s ready.
A degree of readiness is indicated with outer ring around the circle under the Landing Zone. Strongholds of both teams are completely captured from the beginning of a battle.
The Gulf of Tonkin and Badakhshan Province maps feature special Landing Zones. The Gulf of Tonkin features two piers (Landing Zones A and B) with boats which will patrol over the map once captured by infantry (three soldiers per boat).
Landing Zones 6 and 7 on Badakhshan Province, once captured, will spawn armored convoys. If the convoy reaches its destination point a team will receive extra victory points.